Pages

Sunday, August 07, 2011

More More More


I love to be productive; to go into the studio each day and see what waits to surprise me.


I'm shooting video for the last of the hot wax classes. I have to dodge the droning planes and lawnmowers and train whistles outside but that's part of the fun.


I watched a lot of the videos I'd previously shot a couple of months ago and am surprised by how much I want to go back in and perfect them.


Left to my own devices I would never finish anything. I have a bit of a compulsive streak ... 


"Perfection is the enemy of done". I'm trying to cultivate that.


So if you do hear a train whistle in the background or see me light my torch off camera when I should be on, just remember that it's killing me too.


I have about a zillion things I want to say here.


A zillion photos of the garden and what's cookin' in the studio.

But I have to go back in there now. The days just slip away, no matter how try to hold them back.

BTW, these are cold wax, not hot.


19 comments:

Clare Wassermann said...

Phew you've said it all in your pictures anyway!

femminismo said...

Well, I want to do cold wax. Your video class should help big time. I love the little string-like lines. The "painting" with the green at the bottom is luscious. I'm cooking from the garden today. That's creative!

jgr said...

Judy, your work just gets more amazing!! These are gorgeous! Thank you for the inspiration.

henrysmom said...

i want them all!!!
Linda E

rebecca said...

even when you are not speaking...
you
are
speaking;


straight from the heart.

xoxoxoxoxox

Deb's Artful Journey said...

These are so incredibly YUMMY! I am hoping that after hot wax your next class will be cold wax! :D

Lynn Cohen said...

What size are these Judy? I see a huge SHOW awaiting them and you!

Bravo for all you are accomplishing.

There is such a sophistication to these cold wax paintings,that to me is a huge leap up from the collage pieces (which are also wonderful in their own right); but these...a whole new level to my eye.

Kathy said...

Beautiful work and I LOVE that quote. Here's a hoot - I thought of you today when I was sifting dirt - LOL! I am looking forward to seeing the latest garden pictures. We got a little handful of cherry tomatoes today - YAY!

Anonymous said...

I love these paintings especially the top one and the white one~! WOW! Cold wax?--you have mentioned it before but now I am intrigued.

Laura said...

These are so different and yet sooooo you. How do you do thst? Gotta look into the plane-buzzing-mower-roaring video. I want to know how you do it!

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love the texture of these!

Brian Kasstle said...

Oh... I am lovin these... ok to my un-encuasticed eye what is the difference between working cold and hot wax???

Unknown said...

Very nice, best of luck on getting your video done! I like your advice, perfection is the enemy of done.

Unknown said...

beuatifull, it is so nice

Caterina Giglio said...

stunning... you don't need to say anything more...

katie said...

these paintings....wow!! i have my favorite too.
your stuff just gets better and better.
i relate to all your saying about taping class, not train whistles but dogs barking and Carlie cat yeowling and the phone ringing...sheesh. and then the part about wanting to start all over and perfect, yes. i guess that is what the next class is for, expanding in ways we didn't touch on the first time.
i'm painting/filming in tandem today.
xo

KellyAkin said...

I am an encaustic artist and just fascinated with the cold wax technique. Your paintings are absolutely beautiful.

Karla said...

Wow!! There is a lot of emotion there! Very inspiring :)

Patty said...

The first photo is where you're channeling Turner. All the rest are
pure Judy Wise. Moving paintings, all.