Pages

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Gone Fishin'


The journal is not getting the usual love and time due to the heavy video and editing going on around here. Many of my friends have computer savvy partners who do this task for them and to everyone who envies me for a husband who cooks I can say that if your guy knows how to fix a troubled router or convert a video file then you are lucky indeed.


I'm shooting the video for the online class and it takes me a day to shoot about 15 minutes of video with a tripod and then edit it and save it to DVD. 


So far I've got the first week of videos in the can and last night John and I watched one of them on the TV and he gave me so much praise that I suspect he is just showing me how grateful he is not to be involved. (The stencil of the boy with the shovel is after a photo of John as a little boy - so sweet he was.)


I have to admit that he has been working up beds with his broad fork; sometimes in the rain and cold outdoors. That makes what I do (warm, indoors) seem like an easy ride.


So if I'm not here as often, not churning out the cold wax pieces, be assured that I am preparing wonderful goodies in my time - I'm really proud of how this class is shaping up. I'll do my best to keep you informed. And oh yes! The book. Soon now. 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

your journal pages are great

Numinosity said...

I'm in love with the stencils and the mood they add to each page. Good luck on the video learning curve. Isn't it amazing how many hats we end up wearing, just trying to be artists and to market ourselves?
xoxo Kim

potterjotter said...

I love your journal - so vibrant! My hubby does this computery stuff for a living, but never does it at home! Its that old thing about a cobbler's children being the worst shod ... or some such.

Lynn Cohen said...

I am laughing at the words that screamed out from the journal page: I DO TOO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. How often we doubt ourselves, and all we need to do is keep on doing! Right? Right!!!

Happy Mom's Day Judy! You give birth to such wonderful art. And we are all the kvelling grandparents adoring it all!

I have no doubt your dear husband praised you for what you did ever so well. And that my dear is that!

Jackie Wood said...

Judy, technology can be such a mixed blessing. I have edited my fair share of videos, I am a short distance away and would be happy to help if needed.

Thank you for all of your time on this class, I am very excited for it to begin.

I really do appreciate my techie hubby. He keeps things running smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have sooo many wonderful things coming up!!! I love, love, LOVE your journals! So inspiring to me!!!

One of your biggest fans.

Meri said...

I've gotten word that my copy of the book has shipped and should be here today or tomorrow. Yippee!

Teddi said...

i just like seein ur art, in any way shape or form!

Unknown said...

You make me want to journal, love it Judy! Hope you had a Happy Mothers Day!
Much Love,
Jenny

60 years of Making Art said...

I gave the teaching encautic videos some thought and actually had a friend film a demo. Ugh! I couldn't edit them properly for several reasons.I appreciate the work it takes.
It is too hot in San Miguel to do workshops this month, so I will spend far fewer hours on the computer and go back to the studio.

Deb's Artful Journey said...

Its Here!! Its Here!! I got your beautiful book last night and I have been pouring over it ever since. I even brought it into work with me today so I can sneak peaks at it (when maybe I should be working). I cant wait to get going! Its really beautifully put together and easy to follow. BTW, I will be signing up for your class soon! Doing the happy dance over here!

Parabolic Muse said...

Book Book Book!!

That stencil of John is the cutest thing ever. WHAT an expression!

somepinkflowers said...

~~~shooting the video for the online class~~~

be
still
my
waiting
heart!


:-)


{{ whilst you have been shooting,
i have been playing
art*thingies scavenger hunt
with the list
of what i will need for the class!
how
clever
of you
of me
???
as most items were found
in my wee & crowded studio
OR
in my bird~nested garage!


oh happy day!

{{ yes yes yes--->
I DO TOO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING
but

really
does it actual matter
if one is Lost In The Moment?


i think not, missy,
i think NOT... }}