Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

Nervous Things


So did you see the Sopranos episode with the post-it note on the wall of the hospital room ? Oddly enough, in 1993, with these words on my mind, I carved this little frightened rabbit with her protective spirit hovering above. It was not at a happy time in my life. The frightened rabbit does not realize she is safe. She is poised between a dead tree and a cactus. She is living in darkness but she wants to believe and to feel safety.

I found the David Kenyon Commencement Address for 2005 on the web recently and it was the best piece of writing I’ve come across on why we should cultivate our minds to work for us instead of against us. We each possess the power to create our lives by what we believe and what we expect. We have the power.

No comments: